Crystal Beach Area Information
Below you will find area information regarding Emergency Information, Things To Do, Local Amenities and Restaurants.
We encourage you to like our Facebook Page to stay informed of any special events, local area updates and emergency updates from local authorities.
You can follow us by going to www.Facebook.com/HolidayHomesPropertyManagement
Fort Erie Police: 905-871-2300
Fort Erie Fire Dept: Station 6 905-871-1600 x 2886
Poison Control Centre: 1-800-268-9017
Closet Emergency Depts:
Greater Niagara General: 546 Portage Rd, Niagara Falls, ON, 905-378-4647
Welland: 65 Third St, Welland, ON
St. Catharines General: 1200 Fourth Ave, St. Catharines ON
Urgent Care Centre:
Douglas Memorial Hospital Urgent Care Centre
230 Bertie St. Fort Erie, ON 905-378-4647
Open 24 hours
Primary Care Niagara – 660 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
Get in-line, on-line www.fastwebcheckin.com/pcn
905-732-4451 – Open Monday – Fridays
Boggio & Edwards: 307 Ridge Rd., N., Ridgeway, 905-894-2200
Brodies Drug Store: 315 Rdige Rd., N., Ridgeway, 905-894-2520
Walmart Pharmacy: 750 Garrison Rd, Fort Erie 905-991-9971
Bay Beach (Crystal Beach)
West end of Erie Road, Crystal Beach, west end of Greater Fort Erie
Admission - Adults - $5.00 on weekdays and $10.00 on weekends. Children 12 years & under free. Residents of Fort Erie may obtain Seasons Pass for $10.
Parking - Parking Lots and on road parking is pay at machine.
The combined Crystal-Bay Beach is the jewel in the crown of Fort Erie's Beaches. Sometimes referred to as "Canada's South Coast", it is a wide stretch 1000 feet long of soft sand. Sparkling clear water slopes gradually on a pure sand base. There are two entrances - main entrance at west end, and a footpath off Erie Road at Ashwood Avenue at the east end. Children’s playground, washrooms, change rooms, pavilion, food trucks. Security guards at entrances check for alcohol and glass.
Foot of Helena St., south end Fort Erie
This is a fair sized beach with a pleasant tree shaded park and benches. The beach is bordered by a breakwater on one side and wall from old ruins on the other so tends to collect algae. The sand bottom is interspersed with rocks. Although not ideally suited to swimming, this is a lovely place to come for a picnic and stroll. A concrete promenade runs along the shoreline where one may see interesting ruins from an old amusement park known as Erie Beach Amusement Park. Parking lot (free) and public washrooms. Note - there is no Niagara water monitoring at this beach.
Bernard Beach (also known as Thunder Bay Beach)
Foot of Bernard Avenue, between Fort Erie proper and Crystal Beach
This is a small beach, about 66 feet wide, located on beautiful Thunder Bay. There is a pure sand bottom all the way out and shallow water sloping gradually. Unfortunately high water levels are now up to the storm drain and consequently access to water is impacted by sharp rocks and gravel. Use caution entering water. Beyond the pebbles bottom is soft sand. Beach is fenced on both sides by neighbouring private land owners during summer season. Large parking lot. Free.
Foot of Crescent Rd., south end Fort Erie
This is a small beach, about 66 feet wide, located in a crescent shaped bay. Pure sand bottom, but tends to get silty farther out in late summer. Shallow water slopes gradually. Beach is fenced on both sides by private property owners during summer season. Parking lot across the road (free).
Access off Thunder Bay Rd., west of Colony Rd.
This is a small beach, about 66 feet wide. Due to high water levels in 2018 the shoreline is pebbly, but after walking out a few feet, the bottom becomes pure sand all the way out, sloping gradually. Access is reached by a 10 minute walk on a signed trail through a wood. The woodchip trail leads off the parking lot. The Beach is fenced on both sides by cottagers in summer.
Windmill Point Park Quarry
Entrance off Dominion Rd. between Stonemill Rd. and Windmill Point Rd.
If you like swimming in deep cool water, you might like to visit the quarry at Windmill Point Park. This picturesque quarry has a designated swimming area with lifeguard. As this is a private mobile home park, there is an entry fee, or a seasonal pass can be purchased.
Foot of Pleasant Beach Rd., just outside the western border of Greater Fort Erie
If you like to go where the action is you might like this beach. A long stretch of soft sand, with a high dune at one end. Adjacent to Sherkston Beach, a private mobile home park. No parking lot or facilities but cars park along the road.
Port Colborne, west of Fort Erie
A large beach with good sand and dunes. Cars may be driven onto the beach for a fee. Some free parking at entrance gate, free for pedestrians. No facilities. In Port Colborne, turn south to the lake on the eastern side of the bridges over the Welland Canal.
Joe’s Valu-Mart: 311 Gorham Rd., Ridgeway
No Frills: 750 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
Sobeys: 450 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
Wal-Mart: 750 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
Butcher Shop: Your Farm Gate – 3822 Dominion Rd., Ridgeway 905-894-7070
Laundromat: The Laundry Basket - 468 Ridge Rd. N., Ridgeway
The Beer Store: 265 Ridge Rd. N., Ridgeway
The Beer Store: 194 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
The Beer Store: 2821 Stevensville Rd., Stevensville (inside Garden Gallery)
Liquor and Wine:
LCBO: 379 Gorham Rd., Ridgeway (Trailer)
LCBO: 2821 Stevensville Rd., Stevensville (inside Garden Gallery)
LCBO: 750 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
Mobil Ridgeway: 260 Gorham Rd., Ridgeway – Propane available
Four Corners Gas: 2317 Stevensville Rd., Stevensville
Petro-Canada: 1326 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
Royal Bank: 385 Ridge Rd., Ridgeway
CIBC: 85 Niagara Blvd., Fort Erie
Scotiabank: 1105 Thompson Rd., Fort Erie
TD Canada Trust: 450 Garrison Rd., Fort Erie
- South Coast Cookhouse – 423 Derby Rd.
- Crystal Chandelier – 2878 Erie Rd.
- The Breakfast Beacon - 404 Ridgeway Rd.
- Fireside Crystal Beach - 406 Derby Rd.
- Shaka Farm to Beach - 3932 Erie Rd.
- Great Wall Chinese Restaurant – 264 Ridgeway Rd.
- Mabel’s Gourmet Pizza – 4068 Erie Rd.
- Tim Horton’s (coffee) – 282 Ridgeway Rd.
- The Crystal Ball Beach Café – 4028 Erie Rd.
- Exiles – 3879 Rebstock Rd.
- Sneaker’s Beach Tavern – 4020 Erie Rd.
- The Chill Shack – 4056 Erie Rd. (ice cream)
- Casa Hugo – 4060 Erie Rd. (summer 2019)
- Trailside Bar & Grill – 282 Ridge Rd. N.
- 335 On the Ridge – 335 Ridge Rd. N.
- Pappa’s Pizza – 328 Ridge Rd. N.
- Maria’s Downtown – 301 Ridge Rd. N. On Facebook
- Crystal Beach Gateway – 1025 Gorham Rd.
- Brimstone Brewing Company – 209 Ridge Rd. N.
- Scuttlebutt Tap & Eatery – 2596 Stevensville Rd.
- Mae's Place – 2568 Stevensville Rd.
- The Lighthouse Restaurant on-the-Parkway – 4301 Niagara Parkway
- Shaggy’s Pizza & Easts – 3717 W. Main St.
- Vaticano Italian Restaurant – 90 Niagara Blvd.
- The Plaice Bar & Grill – 981 Garrison Rd.
- Green Acres Family Restaurant – 1554 Garrison Rd.
- Happy Jack’s (Chinese and American) – 98 Niagara Blvd
- Ming Teh Chinese Restaurant – 126 Niagara Blvd
- Wendy’s – 165 Garrison Rd.
- McDonald’s – 325 Garrison Rd.
- The Barrel – 224 Garrison Rd.
- Southsides – 80 Niagara Blvd.
- Bridgewater Country Club – 700 Gilmore Rd.
- Take 2 – 1882 Garrison Rd.
OUT OF TOWN RESTAURANTS
- San Marco’s Italian – 164 Clarence St.
- Smokin Buddha – 265 King St.
- Canalside Restaurant – 232 West St.
- Melina’s Family Restaurant – 115 Main St. W.
- Breakwall Brewing Company – 46 Clarence St.
- Buried Treasure Café – 805 Portage Rd.
- Antica Pizzeria & Restaurant – 5785 Victoria Ave.
- Doc Magilligan’s – 6400 Lundy’s Lane
- Koutouki – 5745 Ferry St.
- The Kasbah – 6130 Dunn St.
- Prime Steakhouse Niagara Falls – 5685 Falls Ave
- AG Inspired Cuisine – 5195 Magdalen St.
- Johnny Rocco’s Italian Grill – 6889 Lundy’s Lane
- Tide and Vine Oyster House – 3491 Portage Rd
THINGS TO DO
- Safari Niagara
- Fort Erie Race Track
- Ridgeway Saturday Outdoor Market
- Crystal Beach Sunday Outdoor Market
- Hornblower Cruise Lines (Maid of the Mist)
- Journey Behind the Falls
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours
- Butterfly Conservatory
- Clifton Hill
- Niagara Go-Karts
- Niagara Skywheel
- Dinosaur Adventure Golf (Miniature golf)
- Fallsview Indoor Waterpark
- Fallsview Casino Resort Casino Niagara
- Wineries – Chateau Des Charmes, Colaneri Estate Winery, Inniskillin Wines and about 60 more
- Golf – Legends on the Niagara, Whirlpool Golf Course, Royal Niagara Golf Course and about 40 more
- Windmill Point Quarry and Park
- Historic Sites – Fort George, Brock’s Monument, Old Fort Erie
- Friendship Trail
Also, enjoy a day trip to Toronto. Toronto is approximately one (1) hour and 40 minutes away. In Toronto you can visit the CN Tower, Wild Water Kingdom, Canada’s Wonderland, Ripley’s Aquarium, Toronto Zoo, Toronto Science Centre and more. Also enjoy some fantastic shopping, dining and theatre.
There is a coach bus service in Niagara Falls that goes to and from Toronto every day which is around $20 per person each way. Also, during the summer months, there is a GO train which runs from Niagara Falls to Toronto.
Website Design - Hubbs Performance Marketing Group
Holiday Homes Property Management Inc.
All rights reserved.